Plasma Lift is a 100% non-invasive and non-surgical procedure and is the only cosmetic treatment to use plasma to reduce the volume of excess skin while generating collagen and elastin fibers that can fade as we age. It has low risk, minimal downtime and more affordable than surgery. Your body will increase collagen production for several months.
Get rid of:
Like most skin rejuvenation treatments, there may be some side-effects post-treatment and recovery from Plasma Pen. You must follow these important guidelines carefully if you wish to enjoy optimal results and protect your investment in Plasma Pen treatment. Although for most Plasma Pen treatment is virtually pain-free, your own treatment may be moderately uncomfortable and sensitive depending on where you are being treated – especially eyelid procedures where the skin is at its thinnest – and your own sensitivities and tolerances.
Before Your Treatment
1. Avoid any kind of tanning (Spray tanning, tanning injections, sun tanning and tanning beds) for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment. Ideally, you should try to use SPF5O to prep your skin for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment, especially if you are naturally darker skinned. You may even wish to consider using a natural Tyrosinase Inhibitor to helps ensure there is no overproduction of pigment in the skin aka hyperpigmentation.
2. Avoid any other type of procedures on the same area which you intend to have treated with Plasma Pen, such as laser therapy, chemical peels, Botox, fillers, as this may prevent your treatment being performed by your technician at the time you want it. • No facial acids (Retin A, salicylic, glycolic) 14 days before or 21 days after Plasma Pen. • No Botox or fillers 21 days before or after Plasma Pen. • No Micro needling/PRP 21 days before or after Plasma Pen. • No laser or peels (depending on intensity of peel) for 90 days before or after Plasma Pen. • Surgical procedures like face lifts you must wait at least 9 months postop/before Plasma Pen.
Immediately Following Treatment
1. You may experience a “stinging” sensation in the treated area(s) immediately after treatment. This is normal and it generally only lasts for about an hour.
2. If the treated area is swollen, you may apply ice packs covered with a clean cloth. Do NOT apply ice directly onto the skin, as this can cause damage to the tissue. (do not allow any moisture on the treated area) Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications like aspirin, ibuprofen or steroids if possible.
3. If you are receiving a Plasma Pen treatment anywhere on your face or neck, we recommend you sleep on your back with your head elevated to reduce swelling.
4. Do NOT allow any water on the treated area for a minimum of 24 hrs
5. Do NOT exercise 48 hours after treatment or expose yourself to any heat, steam or sweat because this can intensify the inflammation that’s already present.
6. You must follow the provided aftercare protocol to expedite the healing process and avoid complications.
7. The area that has been treated must NOT be covered with occlusive dressing or any type of sunblock, make-up, mascara, creams or any other products until the area has fully healed. Many ingredients in skin care products and cosmetics can irritate skin and cause allergic reactions. Ultimately this will slow you’re your healing process and possibly impede desired results.
8. It is highly unlikely you will ever get an infection from a Plasma Pen treatment, as the wound we cause is not open. However, the first 12 hours post-treatment is vital in protecting you from any potential infection, so please avoid any activities where you could expose yourself to contaminants. Keeping hands off of anything that comes in contact with the treatment area.
9. You may return to work the following day. However, you will not look your absolute best during the initial healing process (approximately 7 days).
10. Expect redness, swelling and inflammation for the first 1 to 5 days post-treatment. This is normal but will usually be of a very minor nature.
Following Days After Your Treatment
1. It is normal for the area that has been treated to be red/pink, swollen and feel tight and dry. Occasional weeping is normal and will settle.
2. Tiny crusts will quickly form on the treated area. These may be visible for up to about a week.
3. Do NOT pick crusts off as this will delay the healing process and could cause hyperpigmentation and scarring.
5.The area(s) treated may be cleansed daily with room temperature water and your fingers. Avoid using washcloths or any other washing devices. You are only removing excess oil and do not need to thoroughly cleanse the treated skin. Do NOT be tempted to rub, brush or exfoliate the area in any way to aid in the removal of the crusts. Pat dry with a clean tissue.
6. Do NOT stand with your face under a hot shower for the first 3-4 days. This could increase swelling. Try to avoid shower gels or hair products running on to your face as this could cause irritation and inflammation. Rinse thoroughly with tepid water if products do come into contact with the area(s) treated and gently pat dry.
7. Avoid swimming or chlorinated water as it can increase irritation.
8. If your scabs start itching and you absolutely cannot stand it apply a very small amount of Neosporin
9. Men should avoid shaving the treated area until it is fully healed (around 7 days).
10. If you have had treatment around your eyes, you should avoid wearing contact lenses for 72 hours after your treatment.
11. Once the scabs have fallen off (approximately 7 days), your skin may be a little pink. You may begin to apply your normal foundation/make-up/sunblock but avoid using skincare products containing glycolic/salicylic/retinoic/AHA/ scrubs/Clarisonic or any other active exfoliating ingredients/devices for at least 21 days, as this will cause irritation. ABSOLUTELY NO MAKEUP UNTIL SCABS HAVE FALLEN OFF.
12. Avoid sun exposure. Once the scabs have fallen off, you must wear a physical sunblock (zinc & titanium) and a hat while your skin is in the healing stages (pink in color) and you should continue to do so for at least the next 12 weeks to avoid hyperpigmentation.
13. Do NOT sunbath/sun tanning beds for 10–12 week post procedure.
14. Do NOT have any other facial treatments in the same treatment area while your skin is healing (12 weeks).
15. Do NOT wax treatment area for at least 21 days, if not longer. If you are receiving Plasma Pen treatment anywhere around the eyes, I would wait the full 12 weeks. It will be ok to tweeze or thread any unwanted hairs after scabs have fallen off the area.
Other Important Aftercare Advice & Top Tips
1. Avoid smoking and alcohol.
2. Eat a whole food diet and avoid excess sugar to maximize results.
3. On top of the immediate rejuvenation, lifting and tightening effects you will likely experience from Plasma Pen, it takes 8 to 12 weeks for the full effects of your treatment to be seen.
4. If additional treatments are required, it will be necessary to wait until the skin completely heals (12 weeks). If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Fab Lab at 407-603-6830
How soon will I see results?
You will enjoy the full effects of the Plasma Pen around the six-month mark, and it lasts up to three years.
Is it painful?
Pain associated with the Plasma Pen Skin Tightening treatment is minimal. With the use of physician-grade topical anesthetics, you will feel little to no discomfort.
What is Plasma Lift used for?
Plasma Lift can help get rid or decrease the appearance of scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, acne scars, active acne, sagging skin, sagging breasts, hooded eyes, etc.
How many treatments are needed?
This depends on the area treated and the severity of the problem. Most issues can be visibly improved with 1-3 sessions.